Benefits of membership
You will need to be a member of the New
Zealand Kennel Club to:
- Register a dog with the New Zealand Kennel
- Register or renew a Kennel Name
- Enter a dog at a Championship or Open Show
or handle a dog at any Championship or Open Obedience Test or
any Agility Event
- Breed a bitch (the owner of the stud dog does
not have to be a member)
- Be a New Zealand Kennel Club Judge
- Be a delegate to the Annual Conference
- Be a member of the Executive Council
- Hold executive office in any Affiliated or
- Discounted rates on the Interislander
- Preferential rates with Initial Hygiene
- 5% discount on all purchases made with Rover Cozy
- Discounted commission with Barfoot &Thompson (Margaret Wilson) on any Soley Agency Listing (for more information you will need to log on to the members section)
Note: An individual
does not need to be a member of the New Zealand Kennel Club to:
- Own a dog, including a dog used at stud
- Handle a dog in the breed show ring (however,
owners must be members)
- Hold a non-executive post in a club.
To be a member of the New Zealand Kennel Club
you must also be a member of one of our affiliated, associated or
recognised clubs. Contact a club of your interest. Register your
interest and let us know what club you have joined when joining
Join the NZKC on-line.
Join the NZKC by joining
online. You will be required to make an on-line payment by credit
If you dont have a credit
card you can download the form in .pdf format to send in :
here : Application pdf
||NZ Membership fees:
||1st Member of Household
||2nd Member of Household
||Junior Member with Gazette
Overseas residents wishing to join the NZKC can
also join on-line.
If you are permanently resident outside of New
Zealand your fee of NZD$40.00 is exempt of GST, you are not required
to subscribe to the Gazette and you are not required to be a member
of an Affiliated or Associated Club.
If you are joining the NZKC to enable your dogs
to be exhibited in New Zealand by an agent, please supply details
of your agent.
Overseas residents join on-line
If you dont have a credit card you can download
the form in .pdf format to send in :
here : Application pdf
Application for Kennel Name on-line
As a member of the NZKC, you are able to make
application for a Kennel Name. If you are applying for a Kennel
Name with others, they will need to be members of the NZKC and you
will need to detail their names and NZKC membership numbers. No
more than four people can jointly own a Kennel Name.
Make a Kennel Name application on-line. You will
be required to make an on-line payment by credit card.
||Kennel Name Registration fees:
||Owned by up to 4 members
Abiding by the NZKC Rules
Club members are directly bound to observe the
Rules and Regulation of the Club and
are personally subject to the Club’s disciplinary provisions.
They are also liable for the indiscretions of the handlers of any
of their dogs.
All members should abide by the NZKC
Code of Ethics.
Become a member on-line user
As a member of the NZKC, you can manage your membership
on-line. To become an on-line user, you are required to first ring
the NZKC on 04 237 4489 and say you wish to become an on-line user.
The NZKC will verify your membership details, issue you with a password
and authenticate your on-line access. Use your membership number
and this password to access the membership section of this website.
You will be able to change password, check and
change your personal details on-line, make subscription payments
using your credit card and search pedigree histories. If you forget
your password, you will need to ring the NZKC.
Over time, more facilities will become available
for on-line members.